One more on the Way

Here be dragons! Oh wait no, wrong saint... No dragons, but compassionate scallop shells, stone ships and an endless field of stars... This is my registry in the ongoing story of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, or the Via de las Estrellas!

Herein you will find research at it's most personal. This blog is one piece of my auto-ethnography about the landscape of pilgrimage. A continuous introspective postcard from Spain as I walk towards a Master's of Landscape Architecture.

A note about the title: Apparently Henry David Thoreau, the quintessential Saunterer himself, understood (perhaps falsely) that the word 'saunter' derived from the French "Sainte Terre", a reference to medieval pilgrims en route to the the Holy Land. Whether the entymology is correct or not, it resonates with me as I saunter myself along this earth in search of a Saint.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh my... So listen, I've pared down my photographs to a selection of ones which are decent enough to show others and this has left me with.... 900 or so. Obviously I will not be posting them all. I'll try to post a selection of pictures which present some kind of story about what the Camino looked like after I became fed up with posting pictures while I was still in Spain.

Photographically I believe I left you all somewhere in San Juan de Ortega witnessing a kind of a miracle. It will be another miracle if I can manage to post enough pictures on to be even remotely representative enough but here it goes. Click the picture below to go to my picasa album of photographs on the Camino.

Sainte terre

No comments:

Post a Comment