One more on the Way

Here be dragons! Oh wait no, wrong saint... No dragons, but compassionate scallop shells, stone ships and an endless field of stars... This is my registry in the ongoing story of pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, or the Via de las Estrellas!

Herein you will find research at it's most personal. This blog is one piece of my auto-ethnography about the landscape of pilgrimage. A continuous introspective postcard from Spain as I walk towards a Master's of Landscape Architecture.

A note about the title: Apparently Henry David Thoreau, the quintessential Saunterer himself, understood (perhaps falsely) that the word 'saunter' derived from the French "Sainte Terre", a reference to medieval pilgrims en route to the the Holy Land. Whether the entymology is correct or not, it resonates with me as I saunter myself along this earth in search of a Saint.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Women of the Way

Hello everyone!

I wanted to quickly post about another project in the works. When I was in Puente la Reina I was interviewed myself for another woman's book Women of the Way. I was surprised to have the tables turned on me in my own research but I am looking forward to seeing her book published and I was thrilled to be a part of it! You can check out Jane Blanchard's project here. Buen Camino Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment